Scar revision surgery
Scars are noticeable symptoms that exist after a wound has healed. They are inevitable aftereffects of injuries or surgery. Scars that are visible, unsightly, or disfiguring can result from poor healing. Although a well-healed wound will leave a scar that detracts from your beauty. Scars may be visible due to their scale, shape, or location; they may also be swollen or stressed, and their colour or appearance can vary from that of the underlying healthy tissue.
- Topical procedures such as gels, tapes or external compression may contribute to wound closing and cure, or decrease skin's ability to create an abnormal pigment. These drugs could be used to treat and help in the recovery of existing surface scars and discoloration.
- Injectable drugs are also an option. Dermal filler may be used to fill scars that are depressed or concave. Effects will last anywhere from three months to several years, depending on the injectable drug used and the specific scar conditions. To keep the outcomes, the therapy must be replicated. Another type of injection therapy involves the use of steroidal-based compounds to reduce collagen formation and to change the appearance, size, and texture of raised scar tissue.
- Surface treatments for cosmetic improvement of scars are most often used. These methods can reduce uneven pigmentation and ease surface irregularities. Surface therapies are either a controlled way to remove the top layers of the skin or to change the nature of the tissue mechanically.
- Dermabrasion: Mechanical skin polishing
- Laser or light treatment: Leads to improvements in the skin structure, enabling the skin to form on a new healthier skin.
- Chemical skin peels: They reach the surface of the skin and make texture and colour irregularities smooth.
- Skin bleaching products:Used to lighten the skin.
Steps of a Scar Revision Surgery:
- Scar Revision procedure is carried out in local anaesthesia or other medications are provided to you to keep you comfortable during the surgical procedures.
- Scar revision results will be determined by the intensity of your scar, as well as the type, size, and location of the scar.
- In certain cases, a single approach may make a huge difference. However, in order to obtain the best outcomes, our dermatologist prescribes the variety of scar revision techniques.
- Depending on the severity, form, size and position of the wound, the amount of change that can be accomplished by scar revision. In certain circumstances, there could be major improvements to a particular procedure. However, a variety of scar revision methods could be recommended by your cosmetic surgeon for best outcomes.
- An incision or cut is often essential to surgical removal of the old and deeper scars
- Layered closure is done to some scars.Closure is usually seen in areas with a high degree of mobility, where excision reaches into the tissue below the skin surface.Closure layers continue to be constructed and the rest of the surface wound is closed.
Get rid of your old scars. Get healthier skin with the help of our dermatologist Dr. Rajdeep Mysore at Chirag Hospital, Bangalore